3.28.2010

2 people, 1 path, no pants

Molly and I are celebrating our one year (count ‘em 1 …) anniversary tomorrow! Crazy that it seems both so recent and so long ago. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful partner who shares my philosophy of life and complements me where I lack. 

In honor of our special day, I thought I’d take a stroll back to the day, one year ago, and relay a bit of what was, hands down, the best day of my life.

Here’s a link to a slideshow from that day and the lyrics to a song we rocked that night. Thanks again to all our family and friends who have supported us on this journey, and especially the Durbin-sons, whose wedding kick-started ours.

I love you my sweet mermaid!

“Two people, one path, no pants”
molly - strictly business that's how it started
we came together and never parted
jeremy - you served me drinks at the black and white (party)
i took you home and we "talked" all night. 

m- you weren't my type, i wasn't yours
but when it rains you know it pours
j- you cut right threw me just like a reef
and now we fit like a puzzle piece 

refrain -
seized the moment, took a chance
two people, one path, no pants

m - gave you my heart called off my mens
said sorry boys let’s just be friends 
j- i got two redheads that’s all i need 
sorry ladies that’s enough for me 

m- creative banter and show and tell 
writing projects and movie reels
j- sharing bylines, singing songs
creating artwork all night long

refrain -
seized the moment, took a chance
two people, one path, no pants

m- durbinson wedding on a nag's head beach
j - thats when my mermaid showed herself to me
j-  you stole my heart, you stole my friends
m - i knew we'd be together in the end 

m - few months later and we're on our way  
m – we just got married and skipped engaged 
j - independent, yet we share a life 
j - i'm your marito and you're my wife 

refrain -
seized the moment,  took a chance
two people, one path, no pants


4 comments: