12.15.2010

The end of a fang-free era


For the first time ever -  I was ferociously bitten by a dog. A seemingly-kind-tail-wagging kinda dog. A dog that ran up to me, smiled, allowed me to pet him then turned on me like a rabid ... dog. (As an aside, the dog does not have rabies.)

The incident was quick, painful and slightly bloody. My ego bruised in a similar manner as my stomach.

I pride myself on being loved by canine companions. I'm a "dog" person; I know the rules - let the dog sniff your hand, proceed with pets.

This incident hasn't wavered my love of barking ones, nor created fear of all things furry; but I have changed a certain pet's name to Cujo, much to the chagrin of his owners.

On a positive note, it looks as if I'll have a pretty badass scar. Score.

6 comments:

  1. Buddha! You poor thing. I once got bitten in the back by a german shepherd but it was nothing like this. Thanks for reaffirming my fear of dogs (even though you're still mr. positive) :) Heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it me, or do you see a picture of Jesus in that scar? That dog is a messenger of god! praise jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is it possible that you have a scary bite mark, and yet you still look sexy - not fair! :P - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats awful, wow what a mark...now is that Molly or Jezza? if it's Jezza - have you been shaving your abdomen? were there tears, how did you get the dog off? funny place to bite isn't it - the abdomen. It's not like it's a large abdomen, if it was mine I'd understand, something to get hold of but yours (I'm thinking it's Molly's abdomen as no hairs involved)...well there would be nil of note to grapple with. Amazing. show us the dog!! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm sorry- that must have been awful!! And I can't believe people can't tell that this is Molly.

    ReplyDelete